AC Charge on '97 EB

My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not fully charge the AC.

Reply to
Stephen M. Gluck

Yes, the inlet is under the hood on the passenger side. And the procedure to refill is just as you described.

I had the same problem with my XLT and that's the way I fixed it.

Reply to
Kenneth Smith

I have no idea where that procedure came from..... It would not be considered as "accepted practice". There is a correct procedure for AC service.... the procedure is environmentally sound and is designed to offer the least chance of repeat repairs when performed by experienced proffessionals.

The preceding is offerred as opinion only and should not be misconstrued as anything other than opinion... even though I might consider this type of repair as the act of an irresponsible dork.

Funny.... all the rules and regulations designed to protect you from me, don't protect you from yourself...

Reply to
Jim Warman

You had a shop work on yur AC? You think they didn't put enough refrigerant in the system? Then it would have shown whatever symptoms the AC now shows, back when you had the work done, right? In that case, take it back and have them finish the job. It didn't show the symptoms then? Then the system leaks.

Reply to
Big Bill

The work was done in mid winter and was'nt noticed until the weather got hot in the last couple of days. I moved in the last couple of months and taking it back to the shop that did the work would be inconvienent at best. I recharged the system this moring and went on a long drive in 90 degree plus weather. The system is working well after the recharge and there was no discharge of refrigerant into the atmosphere. I am not aware that R134 is enviornmentally unfriendly in either case.

Reply to
smgluck

Did the refill this morning and then went fishing. The trip is about

100 .miles round trip. exterior temp read 96, AC wor.ked beautifully. No refrigerant leak dur>Yes, the inlet is under the hood on the passenger side. And the procedure
Reply to
smgluck

sticks and stones........

Reply to