Recharging AC on 85 Vanagon

Can anyone here tell me how and where to recharge the AC on an 85 Vanagon. The AC unit is in the cabinet above the bed. I've looked in the Bentley manual and it seems to assume 85's did not have AC.

Also according to stickers in the engine compartment it has already been converted to 134 refrigerant.

-MYSTIC

Reply to
*MYSTIC*

There are kits available that have excellent instructions. Careful! Before you willy-nilly recharge, you might want to make sure that all otherwise is well. But the charge valves will be in the engine compartment approximately adjacent to the compressor.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw