air conditioner pulley

My A/C pulley on my 97 ford explorer came loose. Just the pulley itself. The front plate is still attached and I dont know how to remove it to get the pulley off. Can anyone help me please?

Reply to
aggiefred

You will have to replace the whole thing unless you know how to rebuild it but you better discharge the freon first it will only cost you $80 to refill it.

Reply to
redman28

Thanks. I had a friend help me ex mechanic of 27 years. It turns out the clutch had worn out the welds holding the inside of the pulley to the outside. I have to get the clutch assembly and its $102 no discharge as the compressor is fine. relieved...

Reply to
aggiefred via CarKB.com