Any way to find out the "combination" for my keyless entry

I just got a 99 Explorer. The seller doesn't know the combination for the keyless entry. Any way to get it from Ford?

Reply to
Toller

It should be in the rear cargo compartment. Looking "in" from the hatch on your left side is a smaller compartment that houses your jack, open this door and look inside and toward the front. You will see a silver "box'' on this box is a white sticker with the master code for your keyless entry system.

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

I found a white plastic box with many wires coming out of it. On the side is a label. Is it on the label? Can't really read it because it is so close to the compartment side. Can I safely unscrew it to read the label?

Reply to
Toller

I used a mirror, but yes that should be the "box"

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

I put on a second pair of glasses, and that got me close enough to read it. Thanks much

Reply to
Toller

Was that your key code?

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

I also have the same problem, however my jack is stored under the 3rd seat. The left side smaller compartment is just a storage box. According to the manual it is also located on the control module. Where is that located?

Reply to
BobL

My 2004 has the jack under the 3rd seat. Where is the computer module located? It is supposed to be marked on that also.

Reply to
BobL