Auto-Locks Not

I have a 1996 XLT V-8 Explorer with 198K. We are now seeing things fail enmasse but just can't find it in ourselves to give up this workhorse of a vehicle. Just recently, the automatic locks are no longer working. It started with the driver's door where the locking mechanism would pull down; it would make an attempt (several, actually) but the locking mechanism would stay up until I pushed it down with my elbow. Then the hatch lock wouldn't lock down. Now all the doors' locking mechanisms are in failure. Can I reset everything through the child-protection switch or is this going to require a heavier investment?

Many thanks!

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger