Automatic Locking Hubs

Can anyone help me on rebuilding the automatic locking hubs on the 94' Ford explorer? I recently had the common problem with the touch button switch, which in turn was the servo motor. So with the help of Dr. bob and the others I simply rebuilt the unit. Now when I engage the 4x4 control I have all four tires spin when on the rack, but when the tires are on the gound the front tires do not move, but you can hear the axle turning

-- andrecastertroy andrecastertro

----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread:

Send from

andrecastertroy

""Can anyone help me on rebuilding the automatic locking hubs on the

94' Ford explorer?""

Andre:

The auto hubs are problematic. About the only service that is possible by the generally handy noovice is to take them off clean them up, making sure that there is NO wheel bearing grease in them, turn them upside down and pour in a half inch or so of transmission fluid. Let the tranny fluid soak for a while, pour it out letting the hubs drain over a paper towell for ,OH, say 10 minutes or so and replace the auto hubs onto the wheel studs. Generally when they start to malfunction they need to be replaced. I replaced mine with the WARN manual hubs and I have been very happy with them.

HTH.

-Steve ('94 EB 4x4)

Reply to
SteveS