VW golf mark IV luggage compartment sensor

The warning light for my luggage compartment of my VW golf mark IV keeps coming on‚ when i know fine well the luggage compartments closed and locked any idea

-- Tommo
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-365105.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hi, thank god found someone with the same problem as me. I am just about to try fuse box but am unsure as there is not one specifically for the luggage compartment. I think i will try the one for the light display
Can you let me know if anyone answers your query or if you solve this issue and i will do likewise as if i hear another bloody beep whilst listening to music i will lose my rag
mine only goes off after driving for a while say 15mins. Is this the same on yours
-- pescouk
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-365105.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
Add pictures here
βœ–
Just had same problem on 2003 MK4 caused by water & corrosion to the electical connector that plugs into the tailgate lock mechanism. Difficult part is to very carefully remove the plastic cover and get access to the lock. Then clean up connections with WD40 7 and some grease. Maybe worth a try. Still to discover how water gets into lock though! mtmgf
pescouk wrote:

try fuse box but am unsure as there is not one specifically for the luggage compartment. I think i will try the one for the light display.

and i will do likewise as if i hear another bloody beep whilst listening to music i will lose my rag.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Hi all,
Sounds like a similar thing happened to my new 2006 GTI 1.8T. One week after delivery, a door sensor started reporting open. The dealer reports that the window washer fluid squirter in the back hatch was leaking, ran down and shorted out the switch in the latch.
- Jim K

Add pictures here
βœ–
Guys,
Any real resolution on this problem? I've got it *again* on my brand new 2006 (MK4 type) GTI. It cropped up after I had the car a week and the dealer said it was leaking read door window washer fluid leak - also said it was fixed. It's raining hard her the last 2 days and now I have a door open light on all the time again. Grrrr...
Jim K

Add pictures here
βœ–
Just an FYI note:
The dealer replaced the gasket around the rear window wiper/washer where it comes through from the inside. They also replaced the whole rear door latch and the related "cable ends" (I assume this means connectors).
This has corrected the problem - so far anyway. We're in the midst of a long stretch of rain here (Seattle Washington, USA area)... today is the 24th straight day of rain and no end in sight. If the problem was going to recur, it should have done so by now.
- Jim K

SNIP
Add pictures here
βœ–
This is a very common VW problem. The microswitch in the hatch lock is broken. I don't think the microswitch is available separately. You may have to replace the whole hatch lock assembly. I had to replace 2 locks under warranty because of this. This may also cause you alarm to go off randomly since it may think that the door is open.
Add pictures here
βœ–