Car doesn't heat up

I have a 98 Ford Explorer XLT, 5.0L AWD. Sometimes, but not always, the car just doesn't heat up. When it doesn't heat up I obviously have no heat. The temperature gauge doesn't show the car heating up at all. But sometimes it does heat up, however when this happens I have too much heat coming out of the heater. I can't seem to turn the heater setting down and usually end up turning the heater off and on to control how hot it gets in the car. Any ideas.

--sean.

Reply to
Sean Kirby

Big Shoe

Big Shoe wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Also could be as simple as low on water. A big burp and air in the system, and no heat, then all the water comes in.

Reply to
Belisarias