Changing Hoses and Belts on '03 Mountaineer V8

I just had the coolant flushed as my 2003 Mountaineer V8 approaches 50,000 miles. A friend says I should have had the hoses and belts replaced. What do you guys think? TI just had the coolant flushed as my 2003 Mountaineer V8 approaches 50,000 miles. A friend says I should have had the hoses and belts replaced. What do you guys think? The dealer didn't suggest it....and you KNOW that they always are looking for stuff to sell (although to be fair, I thought I needed brake pads and they assured me I have about 40% left). he dealer didn't suggest it....and you KNOW that they always are looking for stuff to sell (although to be fair, I thought I needed brake pads and they assured me I have about 40% left).

Reply to
D.D. Pallmer

I think the serpentine belt is rated for 100,000 miles so personally I would change it at about 70,000-80,000 unless it has chuncks missing from it. I think it's probably a bit early to be changing hoses too. Inspect them for any signs of softness, brittleness, or distortion. If they don't look good change them. I'd expect around 100,000 miles of life from the hoses too.

Reply to
Ulysses

Thanks!

Reply to