Check cage light

So I have a 2003 Ford Explorer I was driving it today and my car died and when it did the only lights that were on were my battery light and my check cage
light it's never happened before though and I have no idea what it could be
replying to Mommylife, Passerby wrote: It can actually mean just about anything. Check gauge means that one of the measured parameters is off. Oil pressure, temp gauge, etc. It needs to be checked by a mechanic, I would say.