Combustion chmber cleaning?

If I have lots of carbon residues in the cylinder, so the size of the chamber gets smaller, how can I clean it?

Is there a good way to do this job other than taking the cylinder head off and clean it? What about STP products or choke cleaners?

any idea?

Reply to
Me

The best product is called "SeaFoam." I have only found it at NAPA and use it in my motorcycle which is prone to carboning up. You can just add it to the fuel for periodic maintenance, but for tough deposits they have a procedure where you pour in a big dose through the brake vacuum hose until it stalls. Leave it for several minutes and then restart. A lot of crap comes out.

In the ol' days we'd spray water directly into the throat of a carb. If it didn't overpressure, it would steam clean the combustion chamber.

Reply to
SkyOrDie