Do I have air ride system? 00 V8 AWD Limited

Bought thing used, was unaware of an air ride system as an option, until I went to replace the shocks on it.

Some people say all Limited's have the air ride system and require OEM replacment shocks. others say you can't get the air ride system with the V8 AWD or 4x4?

So what gives?

What doses the Air ride look like, so I can get under it, and see if it is there or not. I assume it is some kind of air bags between frame and body mount? Or doses it have more to do with the shock it self?

Please help. I just want to fix a sagging rear end due to blown shock.

While your at it, a shock replacement suggestion would be nice, I don't wheel this vehicle but don't want a marshmallow for suspension either, thinking about an edilbrock, seems to be what lots of folks are using. Also thinking about an El'Cheep'o.

Thanks,

Reply to
Evan

mine is 00 Limited -no air ride.

2000 Limited V8 2WD most all options, incl trailer towing

Some people say all Limited's have the air ride system and require OEM replacment shocks. others say you can't get the air ride system with the V8 AWD or 4x4?

So what gives?

What doses the Air ride look like, so I can get under it, and see if it is there or not. I assume it is some kind of air bags between frame and body mount? Or doses it have more to do with the shock it self?

Please help. I just want to fix a sagging rear end due to blown shock.

While your at it, a shock replacement suggestion would be nice, I don't wheel this vehicle but don't want a marshmallow for suspension either, thinking about an edilbrock, seems to be what lots of folks are using. Also thinking about an El'Cheep'o.

Thanks,

Reply to
stevef

Funny. When I got my 2000 EB AWD, we were thinking of the limited but the sales guy said he couldn't order it without the air suspension. That was one of the reasons we didn't get it.

I'm also surprised you got the V8 and 2WD. We couldn't get the V8 in the EB unless we went AWD. Only choice.

Reply to
Mark

The Air suspension is not available on 2WD. The purpose of the air suspension was to increase ground clearance in 4WD "low range" and as an added perk it would lower the vehicle a couple of inches to reduce step in height when the vehicle is stopped for easier ingress/egress. Based on that design, and if you say the AWD does not have a low range then I would think you could not have the air suspension on the AWD then.

-Steve

False. You could definitely get the EB in a V8 2WD configuration. Could be a regional thing or the salesman could have been a lying idiot. Take your pick.

-Steve

Look in the rear compartment where the jack is stored. They put an on/off switch for the system in there (for when you lift the wheels for any reason). No switch? no Air-Ride.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry