EGR Valve - Code 33

Hello,

I have recently been tuning up my 93 ford explorer xlt. I got a code reader and did the KOEO test and the code 33 came up. Now I am a little confused as it came up as follows

*-*-*----*-*-*---------------*-*-*---*-*-* from the reader. Some one told me that I maybe reading this wrong and really I am getting 111 several times which could mean that the system is saying the vehicle has no problems however, I am inexperienced with using the code reader and am not sure. I was certain it was Code 33 which means EGR valve opening not detected.

I have replaced the EGR valve the DPFE sensor, and have checked the EGR Solenoid and all seems well. Does anyone now for sure what the code reader is telling me?

Thanks for your time any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Sevenpelicans

My tool set for diagnosing an older EECIV vehicle like yours consists of a paper clip (to put the computer in a diagnostic mode) and a $1 test light (to read the codes). No room for any ambiguous display there... But if you are expecting someone to give you advice about your code reader, I would humbly suggest that you tell us what sort of reader you are using.

Reply to
Happy Traveler