engine check light

What should I be looking for when I go to my mechanic? My engine check light came on my Ford Explorer 1994 XLT 4.0 Litre... My car starts up fine, but when I begin to drive it, it stutters around the 5-10 km mark, but there after seems to drive fine, with the stutter (although minor) disappearing... the engine check light comes, when I actually begin to drive it out of reverse. Ive also noticed that there some sort of a faint humming noise coming from the bottom of my truck (might be my muffler) at these low speeds, the noise sounds as if something is vibrating, but not too sure what that might be related to... I just had a transmission rebuild, and had to replace my radiator recently also....Ive kept the truck in immaculate condition and drive it like a baby... has 180 000 kms to date....

Need advice and opinions to this matter

Much appreciated...

Jk

Reply to
TruePercula

Tell your tech exactly what you told us..... if it changes even slightly with weather conditions, time of day or accessory usage, mention that as well. You are much better off to avoid colouring the diagnostic process with "I think it's the....".

Most importantly, be available for consultation...... nothing more exasperating than having a customer unavailable for further consultation or to get an okay to repair something.

HTH

disappearing...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I had the same stuttering problem with my 94 explorer. Changed the MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow) and it corrected the problem.

Reply to
kylo67