Explorer Brake Pads, Rotors

Hi All:
Need to replace front rotors and pads. Not knowing any better, I am leaning towards Bendix brand, but it is significantly more expensive.
I wonder if the Bedix price is worth the money, or what brand would be the best ?
Any guidance, comments, directions would be greatly appreciated.
Matt
Anonymous wrote:

I believe Bendix, and Raybestos, are the top two manufacturers of brake products. If I'm not mistaken, Bendix linings are fastened with rivets and Raybestos linings are fastened with high-tech adhesives. Personally, I've used both brands with success. Currently using the Raybestos Ceramic Quiet Stop's on the front of my '98 EB and think they are worth every penny.
As hard as the Explorer's are on brake pads it is important to use high quality parts, IMO. Bendix is a quality brand and like Raybestos they make several different models at different price levels, so be careful when comparing brands.
Good luck,
Steven
I had my brakes done ages ago with Good/Better/Best pads and I used the "good" pads. The rotors were turned and I made sure to tell them to do the first turn very shallow. Greased up the slides and it's 20 K later and they look like new.
I think most brake pads these days are all a lot higher quality than in days past, and the big diference in price not worth it.
Also, I swear they only had one brand because I paid for the "good" and I saw them taking pads out of the exact same type of box for the "best" job being done next to mine. Diference being about $45!

leaning
the best

I replaced my 99 with Bendix pads. Did not cut the rotors as many people suggested. Had no problems and the truck stops on a dime
Go with the quality on this one unless you don't mind sqeaky brakes. I made the mistake of getting the cheap ones on my 2000 XLT (Just traded it in for a new Sport Trac) and regretted it. The breaks always squeaked after that and my wife was none to happy.