Brake rotors from eBay

Hi I am in need of new brake rotors for my '95 Pontiac Brand Prix SE. I was considering upgrading to cross-drilled/slotted rotors from eBay. Does
anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the money? What are the pros and cons of using these rotors?
Ebay wrote:

Considering that they are brake rotors I would buy them from a source with a little more substance than an ebay dealer.
John S. wrote:

Or at least make sure the hospital has WiFi so you can leave negative feedback.

Rotors are usually not an expensive item. Have you checked to see how much they are from a parts place? You might be surprised at the price as opposed to ebay. Some ebay items aren't that much of a savings..... and some are.
Fwed

<brag mode on> Some items *REALLY* are - I made the proverbial killing on the pair of rotors I got a few months ago:
A "New old stock" OEM "service kit" consisting of 2 rotors, complete with 2 bearing/race & seal kits (1 inner and 1 outer bearing/race and 1 seal for each rotor) - Total cost: $38 and change *WITH* shipping.
Parts store price: No-name aftermarket rotor - $41.79 each Inner bearing/race set - $18.63 each Outer bearing/race set - $22.50 each Seal - $7.35 each Total cost for *ONE* rotor/bearing/seal package: $90.27 - ignoring pretty close to 8 bucks worth of tax on top of it all.
38 bucks and the time it took to do the job (an otherwise "unclaimed" afternoon) to put fresh rotors on definitely beats the everloving bejeebers out of nearly $200 in my book! :)
I love it when a plan comes together! :)
(You don't even want to know about the almost-$400-at-the-parts-place clutch kit I snarfed for under $50...)
--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
Don Bruder wrote:

Well, if you search ebay for "rotor brake cross pontiac" you come upon cross drilled rotors at $300 a set, so this dosen't look like any kind of savings.
Googled JCWhitney, and they have 'em for $46 apiece.

Set of 4 rotors http://tinyurl.com/ggeht $149 http://tinyurl.com/ggeht $174 so it's look like lot of savings
The cross/drilled give U better braking, no doubt
--
Knifeblade_03

There was a thread on the cross drilled rotors a good while ago. Most of the responses, IIRC, were that you were unlikely to see any positive effect.
Let's see if that is still the sentiment.
Dnia Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:18:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nix napisa(a):

Thanks for all replies but is anyone who actually bought those rotors on ebay and is using them?
I don't buy brake parts off E-bay, those parts are too critical to safe operation. Go to local shop or parts-store.
1] Can get advice or suggestions from a human
2] Can easily return a mismatched part
3] Can enforce a warranty, if provided
I dropped cross/drilled rotors into GF's GA, when last brake front-end do. They cost more, but I did check braking prior to [meaning stock OEM rotors] replace, and then after the new rotors. My measurements showed reduction in stopping distance of 10 feet with the new ones.
Granted, new pads, and the specific car used in my impromtu test are real variables, but the sucker no doubt stopped shorter.
--
Knifeblade_03