Toyota OE brake pads or aftermarket?

My Corolla 99 will be needing new break pads pretty soon and I have called around to different parts stores and it seems like the Toyota pads are cheaper by a little bit. The Toyota pads are $54 (CDN price) and closest one are Bendix for 62 and Raybestos for $66. Of course some stores also have the $29.99 no names but I'm not interested in those. My question, are the aftermarkets any better or should I just get it from the dealer? Your opinions would be appreciated.

Reply to
reportspam

There is a pretty large variation in the quality and effectiveness of aftermarket brake parts. For this reason, I use and recommend only OEM brake parts.

Reply to
Ray O

I always use OEM. I found aftermarkets to be inferior quality most of the time.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I had OE pads on my celica but found they faded quite a bit in scary circumstances when you needed them most. They wore down fairly fast too?

I'm on Pagids now and the bite is far better, even from cold, and they seem to be wearing about the same rate. Roughly 100$ per end though. You have to buy QUALITY aftermarket pads if you want improvement, cheapo motorfactors ones generally arent worth anything. My rears were cheapo ones and they wore scores in the disc and squeel like mad.

Coyoteboy

Any opinions on aftermarket rotors, say from a Schuck's?

New $30 rotors sound like an easy alternative for the DIYer to having the old ones turned... Offhand, any idea what the real deal costs?

Reply to
Fishface

I think I paid around $45 for OE front rotors from a Toyota dealer.

Reply to
Ray O

Wow that's cheap, last time I asked my local dealer they wanted $113 CDN per rotor :(

Reply to
reportspam

~On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:22:22 -0600, "Ray O" ~ wrote: ~ ~>

~>> Any opinions on aftermarket rotors, say from a Schuck's? ~>>

~>> New $30 rotors sound like an easy alternative for the DIYer to having ~>> the old ones turned... Offhand, any idea what the real deal costs? ~>>

~>I think I paid around $45 for OE front rotors from a Toyota dealer. ~ ~ ~Wow that's cheap, last time I asked my local dealer they wanted $113 ~CDN per rotor :(

Canadian OEM parts are considerably higher than US prices.

Reply to
Father Guido

Ouch!

Reply to