headlight switch backlight 99 XLT

Went to the dealer this morning and picked up the backlight bulb for the headlight switch on my 99 XLT. This is the part # F87Z-13B765-DA. It was $12, which is ridiculous. But in any event, it has a blue cover over the bulb, mine had a green cover. no big deal I could always remove the blue cover and color it green but before I do that has anyone tried the blue bulb and does it look good? Also why is this bulb so much and is there a cheaper alternative?

Reply to
Mikepier

Update: I put it in and it looks good. I can't really notice any difference with the blue cover.

Reply to
Mikepier