Heated Seat Failure

The heated driver's seat in my '05 has quit working. When I push the button, the light on the dash shows that the heat is on but nothing happens. Someone posted in the Explorer Forum saying they had this problem and the dealer told them it would cost around $1000 to fix. If true, it sounds like replacement of the entire seat is required. Anyone have any experience with these seat heater failures?

Reply to
Big Shoe

The most common failure is the seat cushion element... Locate the connector under the seat... being sure to stay away from any supplemental restraint circuits - and you can test with an ohmmeter.

Be aware that the backrest element and the cushion element are wired in series..

A G note to fix one of these? I don't think so...

Reply to
Jim Warman

A friend of mine had the same thing happen with his 2000 Expedition just after it went out of warranty and was told by the dealer it would cost $1000 to fix. He never had it fixed...

-Scott

Reply to
onoahimahi

The Expedition would likely have "temperature controlled" seats... quite different from "heated seats". The temperature controlled seats have a fan module that can fail.... last time I asked, the price of the fan module made me gag...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I had the same problem as you are. I have a '04. It cost me $300 at the dealer to get fixed.

-- Message posted using

information at

McNick