How replace hatch strut on 2002 ford explorer

The back hatch will not stay up. This started recently. Is there any procedure on how to replace them. I can not see how to detach them. Thank you

Reply to
onesolo

There's a recall regarding this matter. Take your '02 to any Ford dealer and they'll do the repair for free.

Don't use the hatch. It's very dangerous. One of my struts had popped off and the hatch slammed shut. I was lucky I didn't get hurt and that the window didn't break.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

Reply to