IAC Problem or Not

'94 Ford Explorer 4.0 Engine 180k miles. I recent noticed in another post regarding IAC tht if it was bad or going bad, the vehicle would idle very roughly if the connector was disconnected and/or the vehicle would not start.

In my case, disconnecting the IAC results in no problems at all, neither rough idling nor starting problems.

Is this an IAC problem or not?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
CADman

Gerald Riggs

Thanks for the response. Please note, however, that the car starts fine, idles fine with no fluctuations other that the higher RMS's at startup.

I've cleaned the current unit as well as tried two different units from other cars with no difference.

Any idea why I would not be experienceing rough/irregular idle when the connector is disconnected?

Thanks again,

marCAD

Reply to
CADman