New Shocks on Mountaineer

It was suggested that I replace the shocks on my 2003 Mountaineer V8 with about 70,000 miles.

What should I replace them with? More OEM shocks (the originals seemed fine when new)? I also understand that Mountaineer and Explorer use different shocks. Does this difference have any bearing on what I should have installed as replacements?

Reply to
Daniel David Palmer

I replaced the originals on my '92 with Bilsteins and I was happy with them.

Reply to
Big Shoe

Suggested by whom? The person selling them? Seems little early to be replacing shocks unless they are obviously bad or leaking so make sure you get a 2nd opinion.

Reply to
Al Williams