OEM Running Boards???

I have an '02 XLT 4-Door that I want to put running boards on. I've seen the tubular kind but would really prefer the oem type that are more of a "board" style with the checkerboard surface like the rear bumper has. The price I've seen for these is around $400 whereas the tubular kind is around $200.

Does anyone know of a place online or mailorder that sells the oem type a little cheaper? I haven't had much luck searching the net.

Thanks-

Reply to
Tom C.

Ignoring his agents wishes,"Tom C." flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

how about on ebay?

and another:

and here's a lighted set

and a new OEM set with a buy it now price of $179:

they all look like dealers so, if nothing else you could probably email them and ask them straight out how much it would be to just purchase a set directly from them.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

Thanks WideGlide.

I looked on ebay last weekend and didn't find those deals that you posted.

I'll follow up with them this week.

Have a good one,

- Tom C.

Reply to
Tom C.

There are many kinds other than actual OEM. Try some local shops; body, bumper, customizing, etc. They can usually find several different catalogs with running boards in them, at far below OEM price, even after painting (OEMs have to be painted too, IIRC).

Reply to
Bill Funk