radiator differences

I'm wondering what the cooling differences is between the Ford '91 Explorer Sport (4.0L, 4x4, 5sp) standard cooling (1 row) and non-standard cooling (2 row) radiators are?

I may be facing a radiator replacement, and down here in Georgia, being pretty hot int he summer, I think a 2 row radiator would be better.

I know its bigger, I'm guessing it's better, but wondering if anyone has some good comparison information.

Thanks rakster

Reply to
rakster

You don't need any comparison information.... a two row rad is just plain better. If your vendor isn't demanding a really high premium for the Xtra cooling rad (it will be more in any case) jump for the two row. Even in the absence of any extra hauling or whatever, the load on the cooling system will be lower.

If you really insist, the tube spacing on a one row rad is the same as it is on a two row..... the tube size is common, ergo the two row rad will flow approximately twice as much as the single row....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I also think since the 2 row is thicker, the fan will be deeper in the shroud and may be more efficient. Surprisingly, its much cheaper for the 2 row.

Reply to
rakster