radio got wet ~ stopped working

Radio stopped working after the windsheild leaked during a bad storm. (It's usually garage parked) I let it dry out for a while but now I have no radio or power antenna, which are both on the same fuse. Naturally I checked the fuse. All of the fuses look good. Everything else in the car works fine. Is it cooked? Any ideas?

It's a '96 EB Explorer AWD V8

Bill

Reply to
bill

I would be more concerned fixing the windshield first instead of the radio. Next see if you can pull the radio out and confirm if you are getting power to the radio with a meter or test light. If you are, I would assume the radio is no good. I'm sure you can find a replacement radio at a junkyard or E-bay.

Reply to
Mikepier

Buy a can of electrical contact cleaner and give the circuit board a good wash-down. Let it dry for 24-48 hours. If it doesn't work after that, you'll need a replacement.

Reply to
Bob Kegel