1998 Camry Rear Speakers Stopped Working

Hello all,
I have an aftermarket head unit in my car, and one day, my rear speakers stopped working. I'm unsure what caused it, or exactly when
it happened, as there was no telltale sign. (No Pop, etc..)
I pulled the radio out to check wires in the back of the radio, it appears to be good. I even tried the factory radio head unit, and the rear speakers are still dead (setting fade to all the way back yields no sound).
I checked connections at the speakers, they appear to be solid.
I checked fuses, found no blown fuses.
Any ideas what could have caused this?
Thanks!

Considering what you have already done,..time to check the continuity of the rear spkr voice-coils. Disconnect one side of each spkr. Using a cheap digital multimeter on "OHMS" measure each coil. If the reading is above15 ohms, or is 00.0, they're stuffed. Spkrs hate DC,..its possible in the event of them blowing up, that the amp went DCout for some reason. Even using a new amp (head unit?) will not work in that case,....as the spkrs are blown.
Jason