Re: 2002 Explorer with intermittent "jerking" when accelerating

Not being able to experience the phenomena makes it tough. I still have a

> gut feeling about the plug wires/boots since voltage requirements at the > plug vary with engine load. While light throttle applications will drive the > required voltage up only "slightly', more aggressive throttle application > may drive the required voltage higher than the ignition systems ability to > contain the voltage. Water in the plug wells will eventually dry up but will > likely leave behind carbon tracing or mineral deposits that can hamper the > insulations performance. > > The only other thing I can think of would be a hyperactive traction control > system but I haven't had the opportunity to experience these symptoms from > the drivers seat. > > > -- > Jim Warman > snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net > > > I don't think this is the issue - if it were water in the plug wells, I > > would suspect there would be some symptoms at idle/cruise. The problem my > > vehicle is having is drive train but seems to be after the engine. > > > > >
Reply to
Pedro Faberlle

Jim, you're a great resource on the NG, and your customers are lucky to have you, but...

I change my own oil. I don't give a rat's ass about saving money, I do it because I don't trust the barely trained monkeys that actually perform the oil changes at the shops around here. There are no master mechanics doing oil changes... they are barely out of high school, waiting for a factory job to open up. They wouldn't know a leaking tranny seal if it bit them in the butt. Chunks of pistons and bearings could fall out of the oil drain hole, and they wouldn't give it a second thought. That's reality on the planet I and most of us live, so don't be so hard on us, eh?

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

Reply to
Pedro Faberlle

Reply to
barrythedude

I have to agree. How are you supposed to know if you are developing a leak if there's no dipstick.

Reply to
JaWise