Re: Explorer Console Armrest Top Replacement

I did the same as you except I did use the staple gun method described in the instructions. I just had to get the dust off the staple gun in the garage and go buy the recommended staples, but thought that would be easier than the taping method described. It worked out great. For less than $26, I have a new console top which my dealer wanted $180 for. The kit from

got here in two days from ordering it and I was good to go with about a one hour of effortless labor. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
SeanH

You can apparently do it without a staple gun, but since I had one, I thought I would dust it off buy the recommended staples...thought that would be easier than the taping method described. It worked out great. For $24.99, I have a new console top which my dealer wanted $180 for. You can get the kit from

. It got here in two days from ordering it and I was good to go with about an one hour of effortless labor. No more rubbing my elbow raw on that rip in the console.

Reply to
SeanH