Re: Ford car ad showing cat being decapitated!

You *DO* realize that they take up *SIX* parking spaces?? And they really aren't very good at rock crawling.

Reply to
Bill Funk

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:05:18 GMT, "Tina Laitinen" wrote: (snip)

It's not considered sportsmanlike when the fish jump in the boat and gleefully club themselves dead for you, Tim.

-Mike-

Reply to
-Mike-

Sure. But they can park anywhere they want. If necessary, they can blast their own parking spaces. I also don't see the meter maid giving a parking ticket to a tank. The retaliatory potential is just too great.

As long as they can hop the curb, jump over speed bumps, and climb steps, they'll do just fine. I suppose someone will eventually try to take one off-road, but that's not an approriate use. Think of it as the ultimate SUV.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Bill Funk replied:

...and Jeff Liebermann pointed out:

I'd have said, "Sure -- but the six parking spaces don't have to be vacant."

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka

And then the ad will wind up on another server, probaly in Russia, where ford can't reach. It's too late for them, they can't close this Pandora's box.

Reply to
Proprclr

Just for you, Jeff...

Is that Geoff driving it?

-Mike- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mike Hardcore is: Biker ~ Slacker ~ Iconoclast ~ Eclectic Thinker SquickNET ~

- Vampires MC ~
"I don't really pride myself on being a ladies man, but I'm walking down the block holding your lady's hand..." - Jimmy Luxury ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Mike Hardcore

Gee thanks. I needed some inspiration. Methinks that would be the perfect SUV for Tim. Kinda like the plywood decoy tanks deployed by the Germans near the end of WWII.

Once upon a time, I worked on building various Rose Floats for Cal Poly Pomona for the annual Rose Parade. Most of the other floats were redecorated cars, fork lifts, and tractors. We built ours from scratch. Every year, someone proposed building a tank and attacking the judges stand or TV cameras. The closest I got was building a small animated elephant on one side of the float. It was a turret mount and the nose enclosed a pressurized water hose. At the last moment we decided soaking the judges and camera crews was not a great idea. So, at the end of the parade, we soaked anyone in Victory Park that got within range.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:48:22 -0700, Jeff Liebermann tickled my privates with this:

Wimp.

____________________________________

Johnmann

"Man who play with fire scream like f*ck-all."

---Confucius (sort of)

Reply to
John Mann

Well, there's a little side story that goes with why we chickened out. The float was in the shape of 3 "islands" connected by a large simulated worm. Fully compressed, the float was barely under the maximum limit of about 27ft(?). Fully extended added about 15ft. It worked something like a giant accordian, with "hook and ladder" type steering both fore and aft.

the two drivers had never practiced driving such a float,especially on the turn where the judges and TV cameras were located.They decided that they probably couldn't simultaneously turn thecorner and aim the elephant turret, while moving. When the fateful turn was approached, the two drivers managed to both oversteer. The hydraulics operator decided that this would also be a great time to demonstrate the worm extension. Lack of adequate visibilty may have contributed to the problem. The TV camera people were totally unprepared for a float that turned on a dime and simultaneously extended itself 15 additional feet. We had to settle for having them dive for cover as the float sped rapidly in their direction. Soaking them afterwards would have probably resulted in violence.

I was in the float that year operating the electrical animation (toggle switches operating windshield wiper motors). I was located directly under the one and only hydraulic leak in the float and was thoroughly soaked by parade end. We also had an olfactory problem. We were directly behind a large equestrian unit. While waiting for the parade to start, the horses did what all horses do while standing around. Anxious to start, the parade lurched forward a few feet and stopped. That put us directly over what the horses left behind on the road. I was ready to eject and run, when the parade finally started moving. Somehow, nobody felt very playful after that.

Therefore, methinks we had good justification for wimping out.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:15:01 GMT, Jeff Liebermann tickled my privates with this:

(Jeff then relates a long story about steering problems with the float.)

Rationalizing won't help. Wimp wimp wimp.

____________________________________

Johnmann

"Man who play with fire scream like f*ck-all."

---Confucius (sort of)

Reply to
John Mann

Let me repackage the explanation in words you can understand. We were almost barfing from the smell of the horse droppings, nearly ran over the TV cameramen, and were having problems controlling the float. I was getting a hot hydraulic fluid shower. The automation was manually sequenced, so we were fairly busy. Somehow, soaking the judges and TV people didn't seem very important.

Now, do you understand or will a conscientiously applied program of crass epithets and inflamatory expletives be required to pound the obvious into your high density gray matter?

Bringing topic drift to a new all time low...

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Our house has "pets".... these are animals that we don't eat and are involved in a mutually beneficial arrangement...... they don't have to forage and are protected from the ravages of mother nature.

There are also animals that we regard as "food"..... I don't keep these in my house since they are difficult to house train and generally take up too much real estate. We are also involoved in a mutually beneficial arrangement.... work for some until the creature becomes food. Those animals I eat might also be destined to become articles of clothing or otherwise involved in other utilitarian devices/processes. I will continue to consider some creatures as "food groups" and others as pets... though in other regions "food groups" are scarce and "pets" become "food groups".

I will admit that I am now living in abject fear since you have "warned" me........ all you need to remember is that many of Gods creatures consider YOU to be a "food group"....

Thanks for visitng planet earth....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Like everyone else, I can't vouch for the parentage of this ad parody...... I fail to understand why, considering we are all presumed innocent until proven guilty, why Ma Fords name is being called into question for some anonymous internet offering......

Just what Pandoras box cannot be closed?

Reply to
Jim Warman

P-eople E-ating T-asty A-nimals

Ken W