Re: Ford car ad showing cat being decapitated!

[Tim May ( snipped-for-privacy@removethis.got.net)] [Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:16:16 -0700]

:I was looking into an Expedition, but I've ruled out buying anything :from Ford. I'm planning to check out what Chevy and Chrysler offer.

You must not have read the article. The ad was developed by an internet agency as a "viral ad". As soon as Ford saw it, they said, "HELL NO!". It got out, anyway. Ford is now learning the hard lesson that viral ads spread like, well, virii.

Reply to
Bryan S. Slick

From the same site:

Aw, heck. Just go here for all of them:

Bill Funk

I got a hold of peta (people for the ethical treament of animals) and they say this is all a fake. They got a hold of Ford and Ford put an aplogy on their site regarding this link and they are trying to shut it down. You also can report this site to Peta if you like and get an e-mail directly from them at snipped-for-privacy@peta.com. The lady who got ahold of me is really nice.

Tina

Reply to
Tina Laitinen
[Tina Laitinen ( snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com)] [Mon, 19 Apr 2004 03:27:01 GMT]

:I got a hold of peta (people for the ethical treament of animals) and they :say this is all a fake. They got a hold of Ford and Ford put an aplogy on :their site regarding this link and they are trying to shut it down. You :also can report this site to Peta if you like and get an e-mail directly :from them at snipped-for-privacy@peta.com. The lady who got ahold of me is really nice.

PeTA is a dangerous organization of extremist wackjobs.

Reply to
Bryan S. Slick

Good to hear that the ad is only _faked_ violence (and decapitation).

I guess this means I can dust off that "simulation" of a baby being fed into a wood chipper....

(But a Tomahawk 10 HP chipper/shredder really _does_ do a nice job for post-birth late-term abortions. No muss, no fuss, and everything mulches nicely.)

"It's only a fake."

--Tim May

Reply to
Tim May

Rather like the current US government then.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Russell
[Paul Russell ( snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net)] [Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:54:58 GMT]

:Bryan S. Slick wrote: :> :> PeTA is a dangerous organization of extremist wackjobs. :> : :Rather like the current US government then. : :Paul

I'm not allowed to say something like that.

Reply to
Bryan S. Slick

In message Bryan S. Slick did ramble:

What's wrong with people eating tasty animals?

Reply to
DevilsPGD

After the passage of the Patriot Act, none of us are.

--Tim May

Reply to
Tim May

Try moving to NZ - we are ;-)

Reply to
Ashley

It would appear that the matter is taken care of as far as Ford is concerned, so why would anyone go out of their way to complain about this mirror site?

Ford has already disavowed any intention of the proposed ad's becoming public. Now that Ford has washed its hands of it, why not let the other site alone so that more people can enjoy the clip? This wouldn't be an attempt at vindictive censorship by any chance, would it?

Why am I not surprised that it was a woman?

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

I didn't know it was a mirror site and I didn't know Ford already did something about it. That's why I got ahold of PETA. They do some good things, like getting alot of the stars to give up wearing fur. As far as eating me.. bring it on.. I love a good steak/pork chop/chicken anytime. It's the fur thing and the animal abuse thing, like abusing cats, dogs, any animal that gets me.

I believe that God or the higher being put cows, chickens, pigs , whatever meat producing animal on the earth to eat. I don't believe he put cats dogs companion animals on the earth to be abused. I know Canada has very strict laws about animals going to be slaughtered. I talked to serveral farmer's truck drivers and other people who slaughter the animals.

Tina

Reply to
Tina Laitinen

How very convenient. So it's OK to abuse and kill certain animals merely for pleasure but not cats and dogs ? What exactly, in your mind, determines which animals may be abused and which may not ?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Russell

You can go on the Web and find out what PETA's actually doing. They are not about stopping animal abuse, they are about stopping any association between people and animals. All of it. Zoos, pets, food, clothing, ALL OF IT. Don't be fooled by their own press; they want nothing short of a complete severence of all ties between people and animals.

Which is kind of strange, since several higher PETA people own pets, rely on animals for their life-saving medications, and use animal parts for clothing.

Reply to
Bill Funk

I have warned you not to use the word "pet." Animals are not pets, nor are they "companion animals." Use of all such phrases marks "pet owners" and "companion animal owners" as fascist insects who prey upon the life of the people.

Gaia will only purr only when the fascist insect "h*mo sapiens" is purged from her planet. Recent work at the Biopreparat Animal Liberation facility on retroviral Alibekov IV/Type B rhinoviruses crossed with camel pox should provide the global purge of the dominant insect forms that Gaia has requested. A 99.97% die-off...the animals will take care of the rest. Gaia will be pleased. Blessed be!

Arff!

--The Thirteenth Monkey Brigade

Reply to
Tim May

huh? what you spouting on about? Is that english?

Tina

Reply to
Tina Laitinen

While still snuggled in a 'spider hole', Tim May scribbled:

Smells like....

A troll.

To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity....

Reply to
Never anonymous Bud

Forget the SUV's. Methinks the M1A2 Abrams tank would be a suitable vehicle for whatever you're plotting. It was originally made by Chrysler, but later by General Dynamics Land Systems.

your approval rating deteriorates, it might be a good precautionagainst the inevitable onslaught by literally everyone.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:44:12 -0700, Tim May tickled my privates with this:

Tim; stop that. You're scaring the living shit out of me.

Johnmann

"Man who play with fire scream like f*ck-all."

---Confucius (sort of)

Reply to
John Mann

PPPBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Reply to
Bill Funk