Re: Transfer Case fluid?

Can we at least know the year?

Just wondering what fluid to be using in the transfer case and what you guys > would rec. in terms of when to be doing this? The dealer was also trying to > sell me on getting my hubs 'serviced'? Any clues? > > Cheers > > >
Reply to
Jim Warman

True: It depends....what year and model are you asking about?

-Steve ('94 EB 4x4)

Reply to
SASCHOCH

True: The transfer case in a 1994 Explorer takes transmission fluid. The same type fluid you put in the transmission, dex.III/Mercon. You can do this yourself very easily while underneath the truck if you are mechanically inclined in the least. Also the auto hubs can be serviced yourself, they are a little trickier, but with even a minimum instruction book like the Haynes it is quite easy. HTH.

-Steve ('94 EB 4x4)

Reply to
SASCHOCH