Rear Door Lock Rocker Switch

In the back of my '01 Explorer Sport is a rocker switch that is supposed to lock the doors before shutting the rear hatch.

Sometimes if works, sometimes it doesn't. The battery is near the end of it's life. Could it be that it is too weak?

No other problems with any electric door locks or system.

Reply to
The Wolf

snipped-for-privacy@compuserve.com (The Wolf) wrotenews:1gviihs.iccul21u2wz7sN% snipped-for-privacy@compuserve.com:

On my rear hatch on my four door, the lock wouldn't go down and lock. I sprayed wd-40 in there and made it move around by force to lubricate it and it worked for a couple of weeks and then refused to go down again.

So, one day with time on my hands and for fun, I took apart the back guts of the door, the panel etc, just to see what was there and it looked really dusty and dirty, so I brushed it all out and cleaned it it out and then really got down into spots on the linkage I couldn't get to before and sprayed wd-40 and then coated the rods with vaseline with my finger and gave it a prostate lubing!

Now it works perfectly! No problems, 6 months later.

Reply to
Mapanari