removing the starter from a 2000 explorer

anyone successfully done this, or know where i can find a diagram or something online for this thing? in trying to save money, we are replacing our starter ourselves. weve unbolted it but we cant wedge it out. ive looked all over the internet, but i cant find anything. thanks.

Reply to
trixluck

Sometimes you just have to keep trying different positions and angles till you get the right one and starters slip right thru. I've had a couple cars like that - seemed like there was NO WAY to get the starter out but after rotating and turning it every which way I found a way that worked.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Thank you. That gives us some hope.

Reply to