2009 Toyota (Corolla): Does TPMS system self-reprogram?

This probably relates to the Camry as well, but I just bought my Corolla and am considering a new set of Winter wheels/tires.

The TPMS sensors might be a problem, since the system will "loose sight" of the 4 summer sensors when I install my winter wheels.

One dealership told me that the system will eventually reprogram itself for the new sensors. Another dealership contradicts that. I know it was true for < 2008, but one of them claims that the 09 has the new capability. It it out of the question that I visit my dealer twice a year to get the TPMS reprogram. Can anyone with factual knowledge confirm that the 09 is either capable or not of self- reprogramming?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeannot