tire pressure monitoring system on Impala

Ihave an 07 impala with the tpms. Dealer service advisor could not be definitive on the following question. Can anyone here help? If I put on wheels with a different set of sensors (still OEM part) will the relearn function (which would be used for tire rotation with the old sensors) in the system be enough or does something more need to be done in the system to identify the new sensors.

Reply to
38racing

Does an '07 even use sensors? My '05 does low pressure warning by comparing wheel speeds through the ABS.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

If it has a tire pressure warning lamp, the tire position is not respective. The light comes on to warn you of a general malfunction, usually a low tire. If you can read each tires pressure, like through an information center, then the positions need to be relearned. There should not be an issue with another set of sensors, assuming they are going to be the same part number. The only hitch is, if they are respective to position, they will need to be relearned each time they are switched around.

Reply to
Certainly