RIP 1FMDU34XXRUA52011

My '94 XL has finally reached the point where it would cost me more to have it fixed than it would be worth fixed. A shame, really -- I've enjoyed driving it and wish I could keep doing so. But it is not to be, so I'm willing to entertain any G-rated offer...

It would make a nice fixer-upper for someone who's handy with such things but I am not that person. (Sorry, Jim, the postage to Canada would probably be prohibitive :-) The engine starts and runs well but ticks a bit. The driver's door has the "hinge issue" which has led to latch problems and a broken interior handle. The brakes are completely not working (hence me not driving it any more). 4WD with manual hubs but needs front U-joints. 5spd manual trans. Excepting the driver's door the body is in good shape; no accidents, just the standard complement of parking lot dings.

The truck is in Villa Park, IL and can be seen on my webcam at

or in person by appointment. You can drive it home, if you want -- be sure to wave to your family as you roll past while trying to pump the brakes up :-)

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka