Speedometer for 1996 Explorer

My speedometer gets stuck at 50mph regardless of the speed I am traveling. I guess I have to replace the entire instrument cluster. Is it difficult to remove and replace the cluster?

Any advise would be appreiciated.

Thanks Alex

Reply to
Alex

My speedometer gets stuck at 50mph regardless of the speed I am traveling. I guess I have to replace the entire instrument cluster. Is it difficult to remove and replace the cluster?

Any advise would be appreiciated.

Thanks Alex

Reply to
Alex

Autozone may have a procedure online, check their website:

Also check the recent message about downloading the Ford service manual, if you have a fast connection.

A Haynes manual will also have a procedure. The hardest part for me was getting my hands behind the cluster and disconnecting the wiring harnesses.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul G.