Starting Problem???

My '02 XLT with 23k miles on it is having trouble starting - I'd say 25% of the time. When I turn the key, sometimes it will just turn over but not
actually kick in. Try it again and sometimes it will start, other times it takes one or two more times before it gets going. It doesn't happen consistently enough to say it happens when I do a specific thing - just does it on it's own when it feels like it. My wife thinks we got a piece of sh** car and wants me to trade it in for another Blazer!!!
Anyone else ever had problems with starting their Explorer?
Thanks-
BTW - I'm taking my truck in for an oil change this week, so I'll be asking the dealership to check it out as well. Just wanted to get some feedback from the group before I have it serviced.
Thanks again -

of
it
does
sh**
Not sure what you mean by "turn over but not actually kick in"..... can you hear the starter "winging away" but the motor not turning? Does it crank the motor but not start? Answers to these questions may go a long way to helping your service department come to a timely repair to your concern.....
Tell your loving bride that we do talk to the techs that work for the "other guys" and there's not a whole bunch of difference over there....
Besides.... the love of my life will drive what I buy or she can walk..... thankfully, she's a Ford gal at heart

of
it
does
sh**
By turning over - I mean that it cranks but it's almost like it's not getting any gas to actually engage the motor. I pump the gas pedal and it takes one or two more times to actually get it started. Doesn't happen all the time - but it's getting annoying.
Any ideas what could cause this?
Thanks for the input.
- Tom C.

This is what my '96 did when the IAC started acting up. First started noticing it when the weather turned cold. Was intermittent at first, with an occasional hard start, then progressed quickly to where it wouldn't run without holding the throttle open. Took the IAC out and cleaned it with throttle plate cleaner (can't remember the exact brand, but it was marked as safe for coated throttle plates or something like that). That was 2 years ago, and it's been running fine since. Might be a bit early for your '02 to be having this problem, and I don't know how similar your '02 engine is to my '96, but thought I'd mention it.
Steve

25%
not
times
just
of
Besides, your vehicle is under factory warranty; take it in.
-Steve