subwoofer installations?

I'm interested in adding a subwoofer (preferably a powered type) to the Explorer. What has worked well for you?

Thanks,

Will

Reply to
BOTMLINE 2

The stock subwoofer in my '98 EB AWD has worked well for me, so far. If you want to utilize the stock sub location, MTX makes custom loaded enclosure(s), both powered and non-powered, and Q-Logic makes custom unloaded enclosure(s):

Good luck,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

I have currently two bandpass boxes of 2-10" kenwoods.

The ported boxes and better yet bandpass are your best bet for sound, because of the open space in the back. Any other stereo questions let me know I have tried most things on my explorer

Mike

Reply to
hahnshaft