To: the Great Jim Warman (Im not worthy ...bowing)

Is there any way to tell if there has been a repair done to alleviate the blend door problem? ie, something that could actually see the motion (and stress) the system has to take .? My Exploder has great heat, but takes a while. I have done a little flush on the heater core., but am dreading anything to do with taking the dash off. Edmonton won the cup, YEEEEAHHHHH!!!!! (although SK would have been better)

Reply to
barrythedude - remove yer HAT and COAT to reply

Wow... I don't know how to react to the subject line...... thankfully, that's not the deal here.

When the door craps out, the force of the air moving through the plenum moves the door to it's full travel and it can't move back because the spindle that drives the mechanism is split. The problem wont go away with engine temp or anything else. Your problem sounds like a leaky thermostat that could delay engine warm-up.... check closely to see if there are any other clues.... road speed, engine rpm, that kind of stuff. At any rate, these aren't the blend door symptoms.

I haven't noticed any obvious clues regarding the replacement plenums.....

Bobby LaBonte won the race and Jeff Gordon DIDN'T win - YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

the "great?" Jim Warman

Reply to
Jim Warman

Your statement above quantifies "great."

Reply to
budman