Tree Sap

I have a 96 Limited that has, because of where I've been parking at work, quite a few drops of tree sap on the paint. When I first saw them I was a little ticked because they were the same color as the paint I thought the paint had bubbled up but it's just that the sap is clear.

Anybody have a good way to get tree sap off your paint?

Thanks...

Reply to
Jeffrey Day

Soap and warm water.

Reply to
Dave Brower

but don't forget that the soap will also remove all the wax, so you are going to need to polish it again.

Reply to
JJ

Reply to
Robert DeSimone

I use ordinary rubbing alcohol. This will also take off the wax, so be sure to wax the involved area. I have found that soap and water did not work for me (tree sap from pine trees). Another poster said use WD40. I have not used that, but will give it a try.

Reply to
sf/gf

Depends on the soap. Most liquid soaps marketed for washing cars won't strip the wax. Besides, reportedly, the newer clear coated finishes don't need wax anyway.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Jeffrey Day wrote in news:%IWob.79463$HS4.666942@attbi_s01:

Turpentine usually works for me.

Reply to
Richard

I've used Bug and Road Tar remover. I think Turtle Wax makes it.

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

Thanks again folks. Several ideas that I'll try.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Day