Removing tree sap from car window

Hi all,

I have a 2002 Corolla and at this apartment complex, we have some trees that drip sap. I won't be parking under one of these again, however..

My passenger window has some sap on it. I've tried everything to get it off.

I've blasted it with a high power washer, no luck. I have tried elbow grease with various things, no luck. I tried some bug and tar remover, no luck. Soap, no luck.

Any idea(s) what might get rid of this sap?

Reply to
mrsteveo

What is wrong with Diet Coke? It has the same ingredients, except it has aspartame instead of high-fructose corn syrup.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Use low odor mineral spirits. Pour about a quart in a large bucket of hot soapy water and wash the car with it. It will remove the sap and unfortunately, your wax job. It will not damage the clear coat. Rewash again with soap and water to remove all petroleum residue. Rinse thoroughly. For really stubborn spots (sap, road tar, ect.) use it full strength.

Reply to
user

mrsteveo opin'd thus:

Coke. Don't use Diet Coke, use regular Coke. It eats ANYTHING.

-Don (including my guts -- but I LOVE the stuff!)

Reply to
Don Fearn

Try the mineral spirits as Ph@Boy suggested, or try automotive carburetor cleaner - just be sure not to get any on the car's paint! I've never heard of Jeff's WD-40 trick, but it wouldn't hut to try that.

Reply to
Ray O

Hey, I saw this today. Maybe you're interested?

in bottles with real sugar at Costco!

Reply to
Fishface

I don't find bug and tar remover to be very effective. On the other hand, very hot water works great!

Reply to
Bucky

mineral spirits but be careful how you use it...

Reply to
GoMavs

When you are aware that you are drinking dr pepper or coke with real sugar instead of fructose corn syrup.. you will never drink the stuff with corn syrup again.. its nasty shit...

Reply to
GoMavs

I was going to suggest he find a car wash place that has the heated water sprayers..

ours does and it works great...

Reply to
GoMavs

Rubbing alcohol works fine for pine tar.

Reply to
Sam in Savannah

Coke never tasted better than from those ice-cold glass bottles that came out of the 50's era soda machine at the gas station when I was a kid.

As I recall, it was pretty good from the soda fountain at the Newberries department store lunch counter, too.

Reply to
Fishface

Yup, I do remember those days. Sign.

Reply to