water in tail pipe

I just had my thermostat changed and a new head gasket put on it was doing fine and today i noticed that there was water dripping from my tail pipe while the vehicle was running. the oil looks good not milky. Could it be my head gasket again?

Reply to
dabrat

Isn't water one of the normal by-products of the catalytic converter?

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

While the exhaust system is cool, water will often condense in it from the exhaust, and will drip out the tailpipe. When the exhaust warms up, this should stop. If you're worried the head gasket is gone bad, pull the plugs and see if they are dry. If they are, it's just condensation.

Reply to
Big Bill

No, water is a normal by-product of combustion. H

Reply to
Hairy