When did they introduce 3rd row seats?

It looks like we are going to replace our Explorer soon. Can anyone help with any of these questions, so that I can narrow my search? Thanks in advnace.

What model year was the first to have optional 3rd row seats?

What model years are affected by the $1000 heater blend door problem?

Do any Explorers or Mountaineers have dual climate control (driver/passenger, not front/rear)?

Reply to
Ratbert

The 2002 four-door. Mine has them. They're great!

Hmmm...I don't know. I had a 1999 XLT and now a 2002 Eddie Bauer, and, except for the signal lever in the '99, I've never had a problem with either one.

Yes. My 2002 Eddie Bauer has dual-zone, driver/passenger climate controls. They're standard with the EB and the Limited. It also has the optional auxiliary (second and third row) climate controls.

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Not sure. I've got the third row seat in my '03. It's fantastic. It's not going to be comfortable for a long trip, but when we want to take all of our friends out to dinner or something, it's nice being able to seat 7 (or 8, if that last person is okay without a seatbelt).

Reply to
Donald Roeber