Booster Seats / Family Pack in V70

We were looking at new V70s in a showroom yesterday, and liked the integral booster seats which come with the "Family Pack" (UK spec). These are a pair of booster cushions which pop-up from the rear side seats.

But realistically we'll be buying a used car, and so wondered what the options are (or rather, were).

I seem to remember that the V70 used to come with an integral booster cushion or child seat in the _centre_ of the rear seat. Is this the case? (I've noticed in some used car adds mention of "integral booster" (singular) which would appear to back this up.)

What's the chances of fitting any of these aftermarket? (...like you can fit the rear facing 'third row' extra seat).

Also, they're neat, but are they worth it? Does anyone have them and regret buying them? Or think that the same thing could be acheived more cheaply by buying a 3rd party booster? The main advantage that I see over a 3rd party booster is that they're narrow and neat, whereas eg. our current Britax booster has 'horns' on the side, which make doing up the seatbelt buckle on it or the adjacent child seat (3 children) very awkward.

I'd appreciate any experiened advice,

Dz

Reply to
Dransfield

Our 850 has the integrated booster seat (which folds out of the centre armrest). I can't be certain that the design hasn't changed significantly, but I'd imagine it's pretty much identical to those on at least the first generation of V70.

I don't think it was ever standard fit, but was an optional extra.

If you're looking for a booster seat to be used "every day", then I wouldn't recommend it. There isn't much padding in the seat base or back, and I think it would probably be pretty uncomfortable for longer journeys.

I think this seat would be most useful for the likes of grandparents, who may have children in the car occasionally - it'd be ideal for this, as it's very neat indeed and convenient to use.

Pretty poor I'd imagine, but most things are possible, depending on how determined you are! Probably not worth it IMO...

Hope this helps,

AJ

Reply to
AJ MacLeod