3rd Row Seating and SIRIUS Radio on '04 Mountaineer/Explorer

My brother is in the market for a new SUV. He wants an OEM-style satellite radio. It is my understanding that the '04 Explorer/MM has a factory OEM radio head unit where the dealer can install the SIRIUS radio kit so that it will work as an integrated system. I cannot get confirmation that this is true for ALL '04 Explorer/MM vehicles or does it need to be special ordered this way or is it something that will not come until later in the model-year run?

Also, he wants a "high-end" version which will probably put him on a Lincoln-Mercury lot as most of the MMs are "higher-end" than the most common XLT Explorer..although we fully understand that most dealers have at least a few Eddie Bauer and Limited Explorers too. Anyway, he want's it WITHOUT the

3rd row seating. At one point you could not get MM without the 3rd row. Somewhere I seem to recall hearing that for '04 you could order it with a 3rd row DELETE option. Yes? No?

Info would be appreciated since, unfortunately, the dealers either don't know the truth about these two items (we've been there and are getting different stories at different dealerships) or purposely aren't telling because they suspect the answers won't sell what's on their lot today.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

At this poin in time, there is a real good chance that anything you're going to read will come from a different salesman...... leaving you in the same boat.

All I can suggest is to order the car that your brother wants..... if it comes and he's not satisfied, he should be able to back out of the deal without losing any deposit (check your local laws).

Incidentally, the base Explorer costs less than the base Mountaineer...... more often than not, you can build a real nice Ford for less than a mediocre Merc or lincoln..... food for thought.

Jim Warman