Where's the radiator cap?

I just drained the engine coolant, back-flushed the system, and added the new coolant on my "new to me" used 2001 Windstar (3.8L engine). I could not locate the radiator cap. I noticed the reservoir pressure warning labels so I assumed the radiator was born without a cap. Something new to me. The Haynes manual instructions suggested there's a cap somewhere. How can I be sure the air is completely out of the entire coolant system?

Thanks!

Reply to
Saychris2

The radiator reservoir is actually the "degas" bottle. That big screw on cap is the pressure cap - quite different from a "traditional" pressure cap but serves the same purpose.

Reply to
Jim Warman

hmm.. since we have explorers, check elsewhere mebbe?

Reply to
Marc

You're right! But this group was tremendous help to me before I sold my 95 Explorer for the Windstar (acquired 3 kids in the last 6 years). There really is not a Windstar group that could equal this group. I'll try to avoid specific "van" questions. Better yet, trade your Explorers for Windstars and we'll change the newsgroup name.

Reply to
Saychris2

Sure, as soon as a Windstar can tow the same payload as an Explorer. Until then, maybe you should sell the kids and get your Explorer back... Just a thought.

-Fred W

I wonder how much you can get for a slightly used kid these days?

Reply to
Fred W.

Windstar....... real men don't drive minivans......

Reply to
Jim Warman

About $10,000 if they're healthy.

Or so I hear ;)

Reply to
Dave Cilluffo

Who is "mebbe" ???

Maybe you should get a spellcheck and leave him alone :)

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum