won't start

Hi: My 1997 Explorer v6 won't start. Can anyone help? It just clicks when I tried to start it. I thought it was the battery so I put in a new one. No luck, still won't start. Anyone have any idea's? the truck has 68,000 miles on odometer. PLease help... thanks Judy

Reply to
Judester4

My first guess would be the starter/solenoid. Maybe try tapping the starter *gently* with a hammer.

Reply to
Justa Dawg

"Judester4" wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Starter solenoid or bad wiring. IT's clicking because it's either not engaging or there is not enough juice to push the little gear into the big grear and turn the engine over.

Check your wiring, exploders are notorious for bad internal wiring in the postive cable.

-- riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi