Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2003 door ajar message
I am getting a message that a door is ajar periodically. Some times the alarm goes off for no apparent reason because of this. I check all the doors and hatches and they seem ok.Where are the sensors...
1
1

Goodbye Explorer
I had 4 great years with my 98' XLT but a bigger family and different needs made me buy a Honda Odyssey. Now my Explorer needs to find a new loving home. This group have been very helpful throughout...

looking for help with a no spark on a 92 navajo
i have a 92 mazda navajo which was running fine then all of a sudden it wouldn't start i went through the normal checks and realised there was no spark gas was in the truck and the fuel pump is...
3
3

XLT '99. Air con permanently on
I have a UK version Explorer XLT year '99. Appears air con is on permanently even when the rotary switch is elsewhere. Guessing it might be a stuck relay. Could that be it? If so where is it (...
3
3

$1.50 (single) CarFax report promotion
2
2

2002 4-Door 6 cyl. Explorer
My explorer came used without any of the tire changing items. What is the best way to get them replaced? Junkyard, generic replacement or dealer? Jack, lug wrench, tire lowering tool, etc.. Any help...
2
2

auto to manual conversion
OK, I am betting that this topic has been beat to death because everyone I know who owns or has owned an Explorer absolutely hates these auto hubs. Well here goes anyhow: I recently bought a 94...
1
1

1994 Ford Explorer
My son has a 94 Explorer and it will not start. We thought the fuel pump was bad because it was not getting gas to the engine or pumping at all. So we replaced it, and it still won't start. Now we...
2
2

1998 XLT Power Antenna motor removal
The cable on my power antenna broke so I ordered a new mast but there is a piece of the cable stuck in the motor. I need to remove the motor but there is no access to it as it sits inside the left...
4
4

4WD LIGHTS flashing while driving
when I'm driving down the autobahn my 4 WD and 4WD Low lights start flashing on my 89 explorer they flash 6 times then stop. after going 5-10 Miles they do it again. anyone have this problem or know...
6
6

1996 5.0L Explorer XLT Heater Core Replacement
I'm considering on taking a week off and trying to replace the heater core in my 96 V8 Explorer XLT . I've replaced a few in other vehicles over the years so I know what a pain it can be. I also hate...
1
1

94 Explorer power window repair
Got a 1994 4x4 EB Explorer. Having some troubles with the power windows. Seems that the drivers door gets stuck in some non-responsive mode every couple of months where the window is stuck all the way...
1
1

Overheating 1999 Mercury Mountaineer (Ford Explorer) 5.0L V8
I have a 99 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L V8 that recently started overheating (or thats what the gauge is telling me). The "Check Gauge" light has come on, but turning the heat on seems to make the gauge...
4
4

Explorer Oils
I am a mech in uk and I have to service USA built 4.0ltr 205bhp Explorer 1999 vintage. I need to know oil grades and capacities as they are not listed in my data discs. Help appreciated. Cheers Clive
2
2

5.0L valve cover marking 1996 Epxlorer
On the passenger side valve cover is a label marked: HF+10 TK354BB Is this of any significance? Nothing on the other valve cover Jay
1
1