1998 XLT Power Antenna motor removal

The cable on my power antenna broke so I ordered a new mast but there is a piece of the cable stuck in the motor. I need to remove the motor but there is no access to it as it sits inside the left side fender. It has 3 hex screws holding it.

How do I access the motor itself?

Thanks, zoti

Reply to
zoti

kc10

Thanks. I figured that is the way I need to go. Just didn't know how hard it was going to be.

Reply to
zoti

Reply to
kc10

I finished mine in about an hour. It took me some time to figure out the broken antenna cable was stuck in the tube the antenna folds into. I took the whole thing apart and was surprised to find no broken cable in the mechanism. Then I looked in the tube and then the whole thing stopped working and it took me about 30 minutes to fix it.

It's now working again. Thanks.

Reply to
zoti